The boys and I are traveling to Georgia to see this man on Friday and I could not be more excited! I love going to visit my Grandpa and here's why:
1. He loves to call the boys by their initials (J.D. and D.J.) and I love it. But only when he does it.
2. I love that my Grandpa cares enough to give my boys their own special nicknames. It makes ME feel even more special.
3. I love the fact that I can talk to my Grandpa about anything. Well, that is, as long as he has his hearing aids turned up so he can hear me. :)
4. I love riding in his car with him. It makes me laugh nowadays to be a passenger and watch how he drives. Trust me on this one - you would much rather be a passenger in his car than be in a different car for this experience!
5. I also love riding in his car because repeat after me: Grandpa's car = Lifesavers Wintergreen Mints
6. I love going down to my Grandpa's and seeing all the family pictures that my Grandma loved to display in her bookcase and how Grandpa has added to this collection.
7. I love listening to my Grandpa's stories. I love going to see him because I always come home with at least one new story.
There are many more reasons, but it all comes down to this: I love my Grandpa and I always have. As I get older, so does he and so I have learned to cherish every minute that I am blessed to spend with him.
1 comment:
Wow! Now we can use the boys intials! When Jacob was born we were told not to call him J.D.
Tom and I are so glad.
Post a Comment