Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We're back!!!!

Well, we made it safe and sound back from Georgia. All 894+ miles! The boys did great on the entire trip (well, for the most part.) A lot of thanks to my Mom for catering to their needs during the long drive. I drove the whole way and she handed the boys whatever it was they were asking for. Yes - I probably had the better end of the deal on that one.

The trip on the way home went a little faster than on the way down. Once we figured out that Daniel is capable of drinking his weight in milk, we were sure to keep him well-stocked on the trip back. Man, I have never realized how much that little man can drink until I had to be sure to keep his cup filled for a 7 hour period.

Anyways, on Thursday when I picked up Jacob from preschool, I was greeted with an extra passenger that would be joining us for our trip - Chester, the bear! (Actually, there were two extra passengers since Chester also has a bear of his own, Sunny.) Chester is a bear that his teacher gives to a student to take home each weekend. When they return to school on Tuesday, the student gets to tell the class all about what they did with Chester and where they took him. Little did Chester know just how well-traveled of a bear he was about to become! Here are the pictures that Jacob will be taking in for show and tell tomorrow:


Jacob, with Chester and Sunny, at the SC/NC border.


Jacob and his Great-Grandpa Dobinski.


At the Georgia Welcome Center.


Outside of a rest stop right inside the NC state line.

And for extra cuteness, here are some pictures from Jacob's PJ day at Preschool:


They were doing the letter "P" at school that week, so here he is in his Penguin Pajamas and ready to have a Pizza Party for lunch. Oh, and to add on to that Pop-Pop picked him up from school in his pick-up truck! I know, I know - I'm just too much for myself sometimes, too!




Oh - and here is the final product before we left the house. (Notice in the first pictures that his hair wasn't brushed??? Yeah - I was so focused on it being PJ day that we almost forgot to do his hair that day!)

No comments: