Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Have Potential Snowfall Envy

They are calling for our third big snowfall in the past six weeks and all I can think is how I wish we would get more.  We are supposed to get 6-10 inches here, but my sister up in Northern VA is supposed to get anywhere from 16 to 24 inches!  It's time like these that I wish we had a 4WD.  I would definitely be on my way up there to get snowed in with them.  Oh, well.  I can't really complain about the snow here because I am grateful that we have seen this much snow in the past year.  This will be our 4th big snowfall in less than a year.  The boys have defnitely made good use of the sleds we bought last year.

The only downside I have about all the snow right now is how long the boys have been out of school.  Jacob has been out all week and since the snow is coming tomorrow, I would bet $100 that they will go ahead and cancel it, too.  By the time this next snowfall is all cleared out, it may be almost two full weeks that he's been home.  Now, I love having snow days as a grown-up just as much as I enjoyed them as a kid, but it would have been nice for the two weeks off to be spread out a little further apart. 

And you would think with us being stuck at home all week that I would be caught up on my cleaning?  Um, no.  And I don't really have a good reason for that, either.  Maybe I will get my tail in gear for week number two at home.  Or maybe I'll just keep myself busy pouring many cups of hot chocolate.  :)

No comments: