Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back from the Frozen Tundra

Yes, it's almost a month after Christmas and I finally took the Christmas music down. It is a miracle!!! The boys and I headed up to my sister's this past weekend. We had a great time! The kids got to go outside and "skate" on the pond (well, soon to be pond - right now it's just an underwater spring that causes water to rise up to the ground) and they had a great time. I think Daniel even enjoyed himself. I know I did. My sister and I got to go shopping where I proceeded to spend entirely too much money. I got some great deals, though. It's a good thing I don't live up there so close to outlets or our bank account would be in big trouble! Ha! All I know is that it was FREEZING up there! When we took the kids out to lunch and shopping on Friday, it was 15 degrees! Brrr! That night, it was between 0-5 degrees. I don't know what I was thinking. I knew it was going to be that cold up there. But, it was only a 2-4 degrees warmer here at home, so it wouldn't have mattered where we were, I was still going to be cold.

Jacob had a four day weekend thanks to Lee-Jackson & MLK days. We woke up Tuesday morning to get ready for school and... SURPRISE! We had snow! Just under an inch, but it was still enough to cancel school. So, he ended up with a 5 day weekend. I have really enjoyed the break. I can't wait until summer vacation and we can just bum around. No schedules, no lunches to pack, no homework. Geez... you would think I was the one in school instead of him!


Daniel checks out the snow in the driveway.


So happy to have a snow day!


It didn't take long for a snowball fight to start!


They came after me once they were done with each other.


Jacob had to make a snow angel on the sidewalk since there wasn't enough snow to make one in the grass. There was about an inch of snow when we woke up, but there wasn't much left by the time we made it outside. The boys still had a great time, though. We're still hoping for more snow over the next couple of weeks.

No comments: