Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm becoming quite a blogging slacker

I was doing so well. Or at least, I thought I was. I have never been great about updating our blog on a regular basis, but since we have moved, I have really been trying to update it at least once a week. That was all before we starting painting, packing and moving. I promise I will get back to my weekly updates after the move. Which, by the way, we are now officially down to only 6 more days until the big move! Yeah!!!!

So far, we have moved over all of our storage stuff. You know, our Christmas stuff, clothes that are in between Daniel and Jacob's current sizes, clothes that are in between my old and current sizes (ha!), etc. We have also moved over all of our linen closet and toiletries that we don't need for the next week and a little bit of our kitchen stuff. Now that we are down to less than a week, I can really start packing up the rest of our kitchen. We're going to go ahead and move over all of our clothes and just keep a suitcase here for what we will need through Saturday. In the meantime, I am going to head to the pantry and see what all I can help clean out so that we don't have to move it. I hear the chips and salsa calling my name. :)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family in Georgia. Luckily, the trip is actually a whole hour shorter since moving to Lynchburg. A 5 hour drive instead of a 6 hour drive is, surprisingly, a huge difference when traveling along with two small children. My sister and I hit up the Black Friday sales for the 3rd year in a row and we got some really good deals. I'm so glad we went out and did our shopping with the rest of the crazy people because we have been so busy getting ready to move that I probably would not have been able to do even 1/2 the shopping done that we accomplished in that one morning. Well, I say one morning, but when you leave the house at 4:45 and don't come back until a little after noon, then I guess that's really considered a full day of shopping. Either way, it's a tradition that I look forward to. Some years, I have a big list of stuff to buy and others I only have one or two things that I'm looking for. But, it's the one day of the year where I know I'm guaranteed at least two things: some good deals and some good bonding time in with my sister.


Me & my Grandfather.
Laura and Jacob getting ready to go through the buffet line.
I don't think I have ever seen him so excited to be putting his bib on.
The kid table. Technically, there is actually one adult sitting at this table, but Dylan and I had to sit at the kid table a few times, even after we were married. The kid table vs the grown-up table used to be a big deal to look forward to when I was a kid, but with a family as big as ours (there would be 31 of us if everyone attended - this year we only had 22 + 1 fiance), you usually just take a seat wherever you can get one at this point.

Jacob & Daniel on the moon bounce.

Laura & Jacob having fun together, as usual.
Emma & Daniel

Daniel & Sarah - It looks like they are taking a rest, but I actually just barely managed to snap a picture right after they fell down.

No comments: