Tomorrow is a big day for us. Jacob has his orientation day for Kindergarten (I almost just wrote preschool there instead of Kindergarten. I still can't believe he's going to Kindergarten!!!) Basically, tomorrow morning, Jacob and I are going to be getting on the bus and going to school. Yes, you read that right - I am riding the bus to and from school with him. We're only supposed to be there for 2 hours. He will go spend some time with his teacher and meet his classmates while I am bored to death/overwhelmed with all the information they can throw on me in a 2 hour period. I mean seriously, do I really need to meet the school nurse??? It's like this - if he needs to go to the school nurse, I'm sure they will call me, at which time I will go up to the school and pick him up and... hello!!! There. Now I will have met the school nurse.
At least tomorrow will be a good way to ease him into school. I think he is most excited about riding the bus. Especially since I told him how they don't have seat belts. He said, "So... I'll just have to find something to hold onto?" Too funny. I can't wait to see how he does if we go over a bump. Does anyone else remember feeling like you were going to be tossed halfway across the world when the bus went over a bump? When my sister and I were in elementary school, there was this one hill with a bump at the bottom of it. Whenever we would go over it, I would sit in my sister's lap so that I wouldn't go flying out of my seat. And I usually always ended up hitting my head on the ceiling anyways. No kidding. Those were good times. :)
I have already decided that he will not be riding the bus into school. The school bus comes at 7:35/7:40 and school doesn't start until 8:40. I was told we need to be out at the bus stop by 7:30. 7:30!!!!!!!!!! That just will not work for either of us. We only live about 2 miles from the school, so I have decided all of us could benefit from the extra sleep and I will just drop him off at school in the mornings. I originally was not going to let him ride the bus home, either, but Daniel still takes an afternoon nap (Praise the Lord!!!) and he is usually asleep during the time that I would have to go to pick up Jacob.
Ok, time to finish laundry and go to bed. I've got an early day ahead of me!
Wish us luck!
1 comment:
Make sure to get a photo of him getting off the bus!!!1
Post a Comment