Well, we made it to Lynchburg. Us and all of our stuff!!! We were able to get everything in one trip. It only took us stuffing a 26' truck, my van, Dylan's car, my Mom's car and my Dad's truck - but we did it in one trip!!! The boys stayed with Dylan's Mom all day on Saturday, so when we were done unloading, it was back to Richmond for me to pick up the boys. By the time we got back home it was 10:30, but that didn't stop Jacob from being excited about the new place. He said our family room is "huger" than our old one and everything else is so much better than our last house. Phew! I was so worried that he was going to say he didn't like it (or notice that his room is way smaller than the one at our old house!) The one thing he doesn't like is that we can't really go outside and play. There' is no yard and other than riding his bike on the sidewalk, there really isn't much more he can do outside. I'm going to try to find a park and take the boys there one day this week. If I can't find a good park, I'll just take them up to the elementary school. Either way, these kids need to play!!!
So far, I'd say it's OK living out here. It stinks that I don't know anyone, but that will come in time. Everything is just so different from back home. It's just a different way of life. Nothing bad, just different. I will say that I have enjoyed the fact that when I run an errand, I only have to go to one shopping area to get it all done. In one area, there is a Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Target, Barnes & Noble, Dick's Sporting Goods, Best Buy, Michael's, Kohl's, Old Navy, Pier 1 and more. Basically, if it's not in that shopping center (or off of Timberlake Road near us), then it probably is not in Lynchburg.
I don't have any pictures for you right now because that would require me to find the cord to download them off of my camera... I promise I'll put some up soon!!!
3 comments:
I'm so glad the move went so smoothly!! Enjoy your new place!
I'm glad you made it! I hope you make lots of friends over time and grow to love your new home...I added playlist to my blog because I saw yours! That is so cool!
Good to hear you're all settled in! I hope you found that park for Jacob. You'll make friends in no time, you're Cara!
Send me your email when you're set-up.
Post a Comment